Need help finding it?

Friday, September 21, 2012

Trick Or Treat...Smell My Feet

Every year (or more aptly, as far back as I can remember), my husband and I dressed to match for Halloween.  We go all out.  It is, after all, my favorite holiday outside of my birthday.  As our family grew, so did our elaborate matching costumes.
We've been the cast of Peter Pan:
Alice's Wonderland (for some reason I can't find the photo with all of us):

A family of vampires:

 and so on and so forth.

This year was to be the first year that we were going to let everyone pick their own costumes.  The thought of it made me a little teary.  I wasn't ready to let go of one of my favorite times of year: the picking of the Halloween costumes...until I saw my children milling over my Halloween books & magazines.

"What are we going to be this year, Mommy?"

Could it be?  Could I get one more year of family bliss and cohesive outfitting?  I thought and thought and thought.  There was one thing I always wanted us to be, but I couldn't figure out how to make the cast of five characters into six, until a coworker provided me with my brilliant solution.  All I had to do was convince my sister-in-law that she would actually WANT to dress up as Scooby-Doo.  I mean, what 30-something woman wants to dress up as Scooby-Doo?  Apparently, my sister-in-law!

I could barely get the words out.  It seemed she had been waiting as long for me to come up with this masterful costume idea as I had been wanting to do it.  For the rest of the day I was barraged with questions and ideas:

Will we actually have Scooby snacks that I can eat?  Yes.
I'm going to get a wig...Why?  WHY?!?!  So I can randomly put it on and hide behind a ficus tree...
I'm going to need to get glasses with the fake nose for me to put on as well.
Did you know that ROFL makes me think of Scooby saying 'Waffle'?
Can we make your minivan into the Mystery Machine?
Oooh, can I go into a van, fill it with smoke and come out with the munchies?!?

I was sent a link into the history and personality break down for each member of this rag-tag cast.  Funny, we all seemed to fit - can you figure out who each of us will be?  And no, bonus points will not be awarded for guessing who Scooby is...

No comments:

Post a Comment