Need help finding it?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Like Father, Like Son?

Now, don't get me wrong...I am unbelievably in love with my husband. But he's a dork. I find this dorkiness horribly endearing and undeniably cute. That's how he suckered me in. He is a far cry from a ladies man, and possibly swung for the fences when he batted out of his league for me (not that I'm egotistical). In any case, I would not say that my son takes after his father...but, then, I'm left wondering: Where the hell does he get it from?

My FOUR-YEAR-OLD son [whom we lovingly call the "Cougar Chaser"] IS a ladies man. The joke up in this joint isn't about locking up your daughters though...it's about protecting your wife and/or mother! No lie. If you're an attractive woman over 30, chances are, this little boy has hit on you.

We go to the park. Little girls his own age are shunned. He heads straight for mom, "Hi. I love you. Will you take me out for mac-n-cheese at Red Robin?" We go to a store. He eyes the clerk, "What's your name? Can you come over for dinner with me? I loooooove you!" Each time, I sink to a new level of mortification.

"I swear, I don't know where he gets this from!" And every woman, EVERY time - responds back to him, "Aren't you cute? I love you too!" Well, he is cute, but you should beware!

Most recently, a coworker/friend and his wife came over for dinner. The first few minutes after introduction were a coy bump in this clever journey down the trail of the cougar hunt. Slowly he warmed up. Batted his mile long eyelashes. Professed his love to the wife. Wouldn't leave her side, you know...all the norm for a smitten little boy. Jokingly, I set them next to each other at dinner - "Watch out, he's after your wife" was my whisper. Little did I know.

After dinner the bomb dropped. Not only did my son invite her to an exclusive "slumber party"...HE HAD BEEN RUBBING HIS FOOT ON HER THIGH ALL THROUGH DINNER! When he's called for bedtime, he once more professes his love to said newly acquired hottie in his harem, has a minor meltdown...and goes to bed having won the heart of yet another conquest.

My question is this: where does he learn it from? I highly doubt Daddy is capable of inspiring this behavior. Primarily, Disney movies are watched in my house (he's too sensitive for Harry Potter even...again, adding to that sickly sweet disposition). I am seriously starting to wonder what happens my one night out to Pilates class - which interestingly enough he asked to attend with me last night...

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - um, are we gonna hear about him on the news when he's in high school? Keep that boy on a leash, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazed me that BJ had such an easy time finding girls: or rather they found him. It's a magic touch. With a combination of his magic touch, and your infectiousness, I can see where my grandson would indeed be quite the ladies' man. And for sure, BJ did not get it from his old man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So brown baby is not his first and one & only love anymore???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely, you are mistaking Brown Baby for "Cupcake". "But, Mommy: I loooooove her."

    ReplyDelete