Need help finding it?

Friday, October 7, 2011

Ode to the Goatee...

After years of begging & pleading, my husband managed to grow in a bit of something that resembled a goatee. He’s not a hairy man, so this was not an easy or quickly accomplished feat. I was in heaven.

We took a few days off for vacation. We didn’t go anywhere. We just had plans to picnic and get some things done around the house. Little did I know, that my husband’s plans included facial alteration. He came downstairs one morning, clean shaven. I was aghast. For the past 5 years he’s had this goatee, and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, it was gone. I stared, mouth agape. I gave him my “angry eyes”.

“What?!?”

“Oh, you know what you did. I’m not happy.” Funny how one can decide they have a say into another person’s grooming, but I did. Apparently, I was not the only one in the house who had also made this decision…

My two-year-old toddled out of her room [now, to give you some background on this little one, she’s my sunshine. Literally. She’s fair skinned, tow-headed and has bright blue eyes and this hilarious and happy disposition. She speaks her mind and goes after what she wants – it also helps that she is a beast, standing near as tall as her four-year-old brother, and weighing in at five pounds more.] She took one look at her Daddy and scrunched up her face. Oh, this was going to be good!

“Where is your goatee, Daddy? Is it in the kitchen? [lmao, no idea where that came from, but apparently, she believes all good things reside in the kitchen…smart kid] YOU GO GET IT BACK! RIGHT. NOW.” And with that, she pointed in the direction of the kitchen and stared at her father with her harshest face.

He looked at me, and gave me this face as if to say I had put her up to that. I snickered, “Guess you’re going to have to grow it back…” I walked from the room, trying to hide my laughter.

About a week later, the goatee was back (it was still a work in progress, but the hint of it was there). My daughter finally noticed, “Daddy, your goatee! [he scooped her up and she rubbed her fingers on it] It’s back! Did you find it in the kitchen?” She nodded her head as if to reaffirm to herself that this was a perfectly acceptable place to lose, then find, a goatee. If this truly is the case, I really hope I don’t stumble upon any lost ones in the dark. That could be disastrous…

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty sure he kept his goatees next to the pancake mix and syrup. That is awesome. You tell him, LBG!

    ReplyDelete