Need help finding it?

Thursday, March 28, 2013

She's No Toni Basil...

I think I must have done something right with my children.  They're happy little elves; such charming sprites.  Somewhere on the corner of Crazy Avenue & Neurosis Street, these kids stand positive and shining and good humored...and dancing.

It's understandable, I suppose.  We have random dance parties.  You *could* be one of the few & proud to have driven by our home, with our blinds up, while we Get Down, Get Down to some grooving beats after dark.  My husband and I arbitrarily engage in bad ballroom dancing in the kitchen whenever we have a moment.  And our children love it.

Music.  We definitely need music!  I've sung to my kids since they were babies.  We sing in the car.  And, most recently, we've encouraged lip-syncing (due to multiple ppl listening to different music at the same time).  Bad. Bad. Lip. Syncing.  Which they get from their father, who can never remember the words of his beloved favorite band, let alone whatever happens to be hip at the moment.

In a rare moment, my youngest slid off the couch from where we were snuggling, and she was enjoying the musical stylings of Katy Perry's "California Girls" (she's a bit obsessed with CA, btw) - and burst forth into full performance.  I can only hope this makes you smile as much as it makes me.  Prepared to be wow'd - and just know, she gets it ALL from her father.  Look out white girls everywhere...this kid can break it down....


No comments:

Post a Comment