Need help finding it?

Friday, March 15, 2013

Yield To The Right Of Way

My oldest and I went to the store the other evening.  It's wonderful how children grow and change and form their little personalities, isn't it?  She's eight now, and very smart, and veeeery precocious.  We were discussing music.

Musically, I'd like to think of myself as pretty eclectic, listening to a bit of everything, and I'm trying to expose my kids to the same.  In any case...I'm driving along, just enjoying the moment.

"Mommy, who is your favorite singer?  Billie Holiday?  Adele is mine.  What is your favorite Billie Holiday song?"

Whoa.  This question caught me off guard, I admit.  Interesting, "Hmmm, baby - I'm not sure.  I have to think about this one.  Can I give you more than one? [she shakes head]  Ok...lemme think..."

At this time I approach a three-way intersection.  I love math games: Three cars approach the intersection at the same time - who goes first?  NO!  You are wrong!  The guy who doesn't even bother to stop at his stop sign gets to go first.

"NICE STOP DICK FACE!"

I hear giggling coming from the back seat.  Inside, I am shuddering at my outburst right as she pipes up, "Wow, that sounds like such an interesting song!  I'm going to make sure to play it as soon as we get home..."

Who is last to go at the intersection?  The mom in the minivan, head on steering wheel, laughing her face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment