Need help finding it?

Friday, November 10, 2017

I'll Filth Your Foul Filth...

Long ago, I thought my children became immune to swearing.  It's no secret that I have a blatant love affair with dirty words.  I just can't help myself.  They flow out of my mouth before I can even take the time to realize that I've even cussed seven ways to Sunday until it's already been uttered.  Well, f#ck me...

Anyways, I thought they were words that my kids knew as "Grown up words".  [words that grown ups can say when their mom isn't going to get called into the principal's office if they let leash upon the general population.  I mean, only I will get in trouble for my potty mouth.] Words that they scarcely paid attention to because they heard them soooo much up in here.

Boy, was I wrong.

Let's start with the most common offender other than myself: my father.  Hmmm, guess what they say about apples and trees and all that.  This man can hardly string together a sentence without invoking the Lord himself; at least three times.  And while I prefer to spread the love and use a litany of differing curses, good ole Dad prefers Goddamn and Son-of-a-bitch. 

And the kids have kept a tally!  We've had as many as four Goddamns in a hideously run-on sentence and a whopping 30+ vulgarities total dropped in a single visit [let it be known he's usually here for about 3 hours, averaging out to over 10 blasts an hour].  Whew, that's some $h!+ indeed!

But the most recent one was the most amusing to me.  See, my brother keeps a running commentary on my obscene vernacular.  And usually after I sling about three or so in general conversation he points it out.  [shrugs]  His pristine mouth is beyond reproach...that is; unless he's doing manual labor.  Specifically, in this instance - helping to remodel my powder room.

Imagine if you would a room that's 4'x4'.  A man's legs are hanging out the door into the hallway.  And for whatever reason I cannot even remember at the moment, the Hoover Dam broke open.

"F#ck this goddamned MFing piece of $h!+ cock-sucking MFing SOB..."

I laughed.  My husband looked at me and laughed.

My son however was concerned.  Very. Concerned.  He came running into the kitchen.  "Mommy, is he ok?  I think he needs help!  It's not funny!  He needs help!  WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!?" [...which incidentally made my laughing even more]  See, my son was terrified that something was wrong with his uncle who doesn't swear in his presence, to have caused something so alarming to happen.  I'm not sure what he feared - that a toilet somehow dropped on his head? I have no freaking clue.

Me: [shaking head]  No idea, baby.  He's frustrated.  Go play.  He's fine.

My brother: WHORE!  DIRTY FILTHY GODDAMNED...

My oldest runs in: Mommy?  He alright?  Should someone help him?

My brother comes out of the bathroom wiping his hands and glaring at us.  My husband and I lose it into a fit of laughter.

Brother: F#ck You.

No comments:

Post a Comment